A single cable layout is pretty straightforward but there are several things to keep in mind when you design a system.
- Better to use a separate amplifier and splitter then having a module that combines both. This will allow you to pick up the best parts and measure how each performs.
- Always use top quality parts from your vendor for the CATV industry. This is not the place to cut corners to save money.
- The gain in the amp will need to be equal to the loss in the splitter plus the loss of the longest cable run. Your goal is to provide a signal between 0 and +10dB at every wall jack.
- Use attenuators on the splitter outputs for short cable runs that result in a signal over +15dB at the outlet.
Other Simple Tips:
- Keep those outputs terminated! Use self-terminating caps everywhere you can, especially on unused splitter ports.
- Make sure F connectors are screwed on TIGHT.
- Make sure braid is 60% and up for best coverage.